NAPO and #GOMonth2019 Media Update
by Ellen Delap, CPO® NAPO President
One of the missions of NAPO is to educate the world about our industry and our members. We’ve been busy during January advancing our profession through our annual GOMonth initiative. We have all benefited from the headlining name of the month Marie Kondo and the Netflix series, ‘Tidying Up with Marie Kondo’. You may have heard more people talking about the phenomenon sweeping the country and wondered “where is NAPO in all this?”
This is a highlight of some of the prominent places that NAPO has been mentioned during the past month.
- Secrets of Getting Organized, Better Homes and Gardens 2019 (early spring and soon to be released spring editions)
- Kitchen Planning and Buying Guide 2019, Consumer Reports
In print and online
- New York Times What Professional Organizers Really Do, and How They Can Help You
- Houston Chronicle Get Rid of Clutter and Get More Organized
On social media
- Houzz How to Work with a Professional Organizer
- Refinery29 Move over Marie Kondo How You Can Become a Professional Organizer Too
- Apartment Therapy 5 Organizers Share their #1 Tip for Messy People
- Healthline Why Tidying Up Like Marie Kondo is Good for Your Health and Wallet
- CNN and CNN.com Marie Kondo’s tidying isn’t just about appearances. There’s a psychological and spiritual upside, too
- KVUE Austin, TX Netflix show inspires people to organize homes. But where do you start?
- KMTV Omaha, NE Freshly Organized Tidying Tips
- Fox 26 Houston, TX Decluttering Your Closet
This is only a small portion of our ever-increasing media placements, online presence, and overall reach through word-of-mouth. Thanks to our engaged membership, we are making our footprint larger each day. The hard work you all do on a daily basis and all our media connections provide us with the foundation to build a strong, positive brand that not only promotes our industry and also is full of heart and truly cares.
If you’re not connected, click on the social icons below and start following us, like us, share us, post with the #NAPO hashtag, tag us as a co-host for your local events and make sure to mention us when you’re quoted! We’ll share the love back by reposting your content, liking your tips and sharing your experiences when you tag us!
Would you like to share your blog here? NAPO members can sign-up to become a NAPO blogger.
Need help getting organized? Visit NAPO's Professional Organizer and Productivity Consultant Search Tool to search for professional organizers or productivity consultants in your area.
Not a NAPO Member yet? Join Today!