There are many things I love about attending the NAPO Annual Conference- all of the education, hanging out with other organizers, and connecting with friends. Attending conference has also helped me with my business:
- The sessions at conference provide many opportunities to to earn CEUs to maintain my certification as a Certified Professional Organizer®, which tells potential clients that I have experience, knowledge and credentials.
- I enjoy meeting and getting to know organizers from around the country. I have received several referrals each year from other organizers who have clients either moving to our area or have a relative in our area or some other situation.
- I love learning about new products at conference. Making connections with vendors and being able to provide my clients with new and useful products helps to spread the word of mouth that I know what I’m doing.
- Education! Being able to work in different organizing environments opens me up to more clients – and helps me do more work with existing clients as my knowledge increases.
- Networking with other organizers sparks tons of marketing & business ideas! Learning how to attract new clients, and hearing how other people run their businesses and niches in the market is very helpful.
- Conference helps me to gaining confidence. Professional learning opportunities & meeting with other organizers creates more confidence in your own abilities and helps you to focus on what you want to do. The result is being able to present yourself more positively to clients and helping you to feel more comfortable in your own skin. As a result, potential clients feel confidence in you.
- Conference re-energizes you! Every time I come back from conference (after I sleep for a few days) I feel a renewed sense of purpose, drive and focus to grow my business! My clients can see the difference in my attitude and I always end up being able to provide them with some new idea. I always have new business growth ideas from conference as well.
By, Liz Jenkins, CPO®, Golden Circle Member, Nashville Chapter
A Fresh Space www.afreshspace.com
To contribute to the NAPO blog please submit your proposed blog post short here:
Would you like to share your blog here? NAPO members can sign-up to become a NAPO blogger.
Need help getting organized? Visit NAPO's Professional Organizer and Productivity Consultants Directory to search for professional organizers or productivity consultants in your area.